Saturday, April 18, 2009

Two "Challenging Cards"

Since Emily was on Spring Break this past week, I took a few days off myself, and in between driving her to her friends' houses, or shopping for "Sharpay" outfits for her upcoming show "High School Musical," and some major house cleaning (I guess you'd call it reorganizing) I was actually able to do some "Splitcoast Challenges!" I haven't been able to do those in a long time!

The first one was the color challenge.... CC214.... Bordering Blue, So Saffron, and Pink Piriouette). When I laid all 3 colors out on my desk, they made me think "Baby Card."



The background of the card is stamped with the dots and daisy background stamp, using pink pirouette ink. The scallop is made with the fiskars "Threading Water" border punch, and the saffron layer is scalloped on the edge with scalloped scissors, and then "poked" with a paper piercer. The giraffe is stamped double and popped up with tiny pieces of foam tape, and tied around "her" neck with pink gingham. Three little buttons from my huge collection of buttons and some saffron grossgrain ribbon add the finishing touches.

Deets: Cardstock (all SU!) Pink Pirouette, So Saffron, Bordering Blue, Whisper White, Threading Water Punch and scalloped scissors (Fiskars), Buttons, floss (DMC) Saffron Grossgrain Ribbon (SU!) Paper Piercer, Dimentionals, Pink Gingham Ribbon.

The next challenge was the "Sketch Challenge" (SC224)

This was a little difficult because I couldn't find a large/ tall image that would fit the layout exactly, so I turned it on its side. The 2 stripes in the layout are "mimicked" with the saffron layer covered with the black ribbon layer. Black and Saffron are great together, don't you agree? The bird is a RUB-ON! Cool, huh! It's a little hard to photograph though.
The deets: Black and Saffron Cardstock (SU), Saffron Designer Paper, BasicGrey Periphery Rub-ons, Ticket Corner punch, black micron pen, dimentionals, silver heart charm, black organdy ribbon, saffron colored yarn.

2 comments:

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Great cards! Love 'em both!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Spectacular cards, Carol. Love the colors and design layout.

BTW...thanks for the heads-up on my TECC goof. I've corrected it, thanks to your watchful eye. :)

Hugs,
L.