Monday, February 09, 2009

Friendship and Cheesecake... Life Is Good!

This past Saturday I had lunch with 3 friends from High School. That may not sound very unusual to most people, but it is for me. We've been out of high school 32 years, and for the past 29 of those years, I have not kept up with any of the 3 ladies that I had lunch with. But the Lord reconnected us and I'm so glad He did. We had a class reunion 2 years ago, but 2 of these gals, Isabel and Laura weren't able to come, so I haven't seen them in a long time. I don't think I've seen Laura since High School, or maybe the 10 year reunion. Isn't is amazing that you can live relatively close to someone and not see them for that many years? We met at Cheesecake Factory in Brea because it was fairly central for all 4 of us... Rancho Cucamongo, Irvine, Norwalk, and me in Lakewood. Great food, yummy cheesecake, and wonderful laughter, tears, and a sweet time of reflecting on all God has done and is doing in our lives. My hope is that God continues to allow me to reconnect with the people from my past in order to be an encouragement to them, as they are to me.

From left to right that's me, Laura (Calderon) Isabel (Pina) and Cyndy (Porraz). 50 (or close to it for some of us!) and fabulous, don't you think???!!!!!

No comments: