Saturday, January 02, 2010

Clipboard Carnival

These are the first altered clipboards I've ever done and they were so fun. They are for some special ladies in my life, and I hope they love them as much as I loved making them for them. It was fun picking out various designer paper to fit their personalities and their office spaces. The paper is "mod podged" onto the clipboards. Ribbon added to the top, a pad of sticky notes included, some fun clips, a small piece of coarkboard, and a small calendar. The corkboard was a sheet of 18 x 24 corkboard from Joanns that I cut into small pieces and just adhered to the clipboard with tacky tape. The small calendar was the biggest challenge. I typed it in "word" and then just kept adjusting the margins, font size, etc . Not fun but I didn't have time to shop for any or order any online (like smart people would do.) My only "wish" is that I could find some "shallow" thumb tacks for the corkboard. The corkboard is very thin and a regular thumb tack is too deep. Or I should have layered (doubled) the corkboard on top of itself to make it thicker. Live and learn.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

NicoleMama3 said...

Aunt Carol...those clipboards are adoreable! Awesome!

Renee said...

These are adorable too!!! I have picked up a couple of these clipboards on sale a while back but have never gotten around to doing anything with them. Now I think I will pull one out and make a couple of gifts, thanks for the inspiration. Blessings, Renee