Monday, May 07, 2007


Well it's my favorite day of the week... Monday! Most of you are thinking, HUH? Let me explain... as a Children's Pastor, Sunday is the busiest and most stressful day of the week for me... Making sure all our Sunday School teachers are in place and doing an incredible job like they always do, leading worship or teaching or setting up our amazing KidStuf program for about 75 elementary age kids, and then running home to get lunch for my son Stephen, helping him with his homework, and then heading back to church for children's choir practice. We have a huge children's choir musical in 2 weeks, so things are a bit crazy right now. SOOOO, with that being said, I look forward to my DAY OFF on Mondays. I barely go out of the house, let alone do anything difficult. If I don't find time to stamp on Mondays, then I feel the day was not a success. This was today's project... a going away card for one of my very best friends. Luckily, she's not really GOING anywhere, but she's just stepping down from her job at church, so I won't see her in the office as much as I'd like. But we'll still be able to have lunch and hang out as much as possible. I received some amazing swap cards at SoCal Stampmania 4 a few weeks ago, and one of them was a pocket card from Amy Combs. Hers was made with the Stampin Up Spring Flowers Designer Paper. Mine is done with the new Stampin Up Au Chocolate Designer Paper. I used 3 different designs from the set (boy is it hard to make that first cut into a new package of DP!) It's also my first time using my new "Faux Ribbon" set from PaperTreyInk. Great set!

No comments: