Saturday, October 20, 2007



Long time no post! Way too busy, and I guess I wasn't sure I had anything that important to say! Well, this evening I performed my first wedding! A very young couple from my church, Brian and Brittany, age 19 & 18, asked me to perform their wedding a few months ago, and although I was quite honored and excited, I knew it would be a lot of work since it was my first one. I was right. Hours and hours and hours of preparation, studying, writing, and re-writing, meeitng with Brittany to plan and do some counseling (Brian is a marine stationed in Hawaii, so he wasn't here for any of the planning or counseling).

I think it turned out beautifully. I think the short sermon, the ring ceremony, the vows, and the sand ceremony (mixing 3 different colors of sand, similar to the unity candle concept) all were heartfelt, and challenging.

To make the evening even more special, my daughter Emily sang "Lost in this Moment" in the wedding. She was fantastic. I was so proud of her. Her first wedding to sing in... my first wedding to perform. We had a fun evening together. She is a sweetheart and we really enjoy so many of the same things in life, that when we get to do them together, it is such a bonding experience.

I'll add some pictures tomorrow, but now it's time for bed!

No comments: