Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Wishing You Joy

I hope you've been having a wonderful time, surrounded by family and friends the past few weeks as you have been celebrating this special time of year. My kids left on Christmas eve morning, after rushing to get lots of suitcases and presents packed, and even finding time for them to each open one gift. They are in Indiana with their dad, stepmom, and stepbrother and stepsister until the 30th but right before they left, we snapped this picture in front of our tiny tree... so tiny that you can't even see it in this picture!




Whenever they're gone, I have very mixed feelings. I enjoy the time to myself, because that doesn't happen very often, and it gives me a chance to do some "deep cleaning" in their bedrooms :) and go to the movies with friends, but I also get a little depressed when they're gone. It causes me to reflect on lonliness, and the events that lead to me becoming a single mom. All my sisters and my brother, plus all the spouses and lots of the neices and nephews got together this afternoon and evening at my sister's in Thousand Oaks, so it was really good to be together with my wonderful family, even though my kids weren't there.
We will celebrate a little more Christmas when they return on Sunday. In the meantime, I know I have so much to be thankful for, and one of those things is the opportunity to spend time with the Lord, worshiping Him, and having extra time this week to spend in His word. I'm praying that I will take advantage of those gifts from Him! "Thanks be to God for His indescribable Gift!"

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I continue to pray that God will send you the man He has for you.