Saturday, February 02, 2008

Jami Swap

My friend Jami recently hosted a swap to feature the new stamp sets in the new Stampin Up! spring 08 catalog. I was fortunate to be invited to join in. A swap means everyone makes the same number of cards and swap with each other, so we end up with gorgeous, unique cards from other talented stampers, using sets that we may not have, to give us ideas and inspiration. I am always AMAZED whenever I am involved in a swap... and my reaction is usually, "How did she come up with that?" (In a very good way.) Here are my two swap cards, for 2 different rounds. Round one, using the stamp set Pun Fun was just a general swap using new stamp sets. My colors are chocolate chip and celery, and it also features the oval punches from Marvy, ribbon from Michaels, and the word window punch from SU!

My second card was to feature black as an accent. This was very difficult for me, because I am very limited in my current Stampin Up Stamp sets and designer paper, and all the supplies were supposed to be current. Here is what I came up with, also using the same stamp set, Pun Fun, and the colors Pink Passion, Pixie Pink, and black. I also used the stamp sets "Itty Bitty Backgrounds" and "Paisley" as well as the photo corner punch, silver brads, the Stamp-a-majig to get the words "Love You a Latte" exactly in the right place, and the 1/16" hole punch to make little holes in the scallop. The image is popped up on dimentionals with the little pieces of ribbon taped to the underside.
Hope you're having a great weekend!


2 comments:

Tracy said...

Your cards are really beautiful Carol

Stephanie Earls said...

Beautiful! And you've been tagged. See my blog for details.