Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hip Hippo Ray!


I love these colors together. Cool Caribbean, Saffron, and Chocolate Chip! And I really love this ribbon I found last week at Michaels that matches Cool Caribbean! It's made by American Crafts. Hopefully, you can see how delicate and shiny it is, with little white dots all over it. The hippo is from the new set Pun Fun, and he is stamped in Black Classic ink, and colored in with Saffron, Celery, Pink, and Turquoise markers on whisper white paper. The edges of the main image are sponged with saffron ink, mounted on saffron paper, then mounted again on Chocolate Chip. The corners of the chocolate chip are trimmed with the ticket corner punch and then the whole thing is mounted with dimentionals on the criss cross cut designer paper, retired from SU. The coolest thing I like about this card is that it is folded along the left edge and is closed on the right side with a piece of velcro, under a circle punch, like a tab. The button is sewn on top with linen thread.
I had 2 sets of swap cards due to Jami this week which was way more of a challenge than I thought it would be. All the materials had to be Stampin Up, and most of my sets are retired, so therein lay the challenge! I will post my cards next week after I receive the swap cards back from Jami. I'm sure I'll be blown away by all the other fabulous cards from everyone else. Hope you have a great week!

No comments: