Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hedgehog Happiness!

I just love this little guy! I was lucky enough to find this set at a garage sale a few years ago, long after this Stampin Up! set had been retired, and I'm so glad I snatched him up. This card is for my special friend Michelle. Her birthday was Friday, but unfortunately, she was VERY SICK with a terrible flu on her birthday, so we haven't celebrated yet. This card uses my favorite paper from DCWV... retro prints, as well as Cameo Coral, Wild Wasabi, Ruby Red, and Vanilla Paper. Hedgehog is stamped with Brown Staz on, and then colored with markers and an aquapainter. The scallopes are cut with decorative scissors. The little tab that says "My Friend" is from the set "Polka Dot Posies" because it was sitting out on my desk leftover from the card you see below. The ribbon is from Michaels. I was pleasantly surprised to see how it matched.
The second card uses the same paper, and has 4 different designs of paper that all coordinate. Isn't that awesome. Makes it so much easier to find coordinating rprints. The stamp set is "Polka Dot Posies" and the flower is stamped in Ruby Red, Cameo Coral and Old Olive (oops, I was supposed to used WildWasabi to match the paper, but I forgot!) The edges of the stamped image are sponged with cameo coral, to soften the white paper. Then it is layered on Cameo Coral and Ruby Red, trimmed with scalloped scissors, and "poked" with the paper piercer. The My Friend tag once again is from the same set. I LOVE POLKA DOT POSIES... it's a keeper!

Have a sunny and wonderful day.

My daugter gets her braces off today, so I'm excited to post some pictures of her tonight! Woo Hoo!

No comments: