Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Stamping Fun



Had a chance to spend some relaxing time stamping today, since I'm on vacation this week while my kids are home from school. Here are 2 birthday cards, both using some designer/ scrapbook paper as their backdrop. That sure is the easy and fun way to go when you're looking for a color scheme for a card... just go through your pile of scrapbook paper and find something you want to work with. The first one is made with the stamp "Blooming with Happiness" a very fun and feminine set. The colors used are Cool Caribbean, Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip, and a little Old Olive to pick up the colors in the paper. This pad of paper is my favorite "go to" paper... its "Retro Prints Mat STack" from DCWV purchased at Joanne's. The background is stamped with the wheel "Kindness" but you might not be able to see it. The flowers on the cake as well as the candles are highlighted with the Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust Pen. The little round tag at the bottom is called "Riveting" and is stamped in Turquoise, and then punched with the 2 circle punches: 1 1/4 and 1 3/8. What would I do without those 2 punches??? Enjoy.


This next card is for my sister Debbie. I'm trying to get caught up on some Sketch Challenges from "Splitcoast Stampers" (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/) and this was an easy sketch for this card. I just got "Letterpress Alphabet" a few weeks ago from the retirement list and this is the first time using it. It has so many possibilities. I had fun checking out the gallery! The colors used are Groovy Guava, Rose Red, Vanilla, and the green is a textured cardstock from Brazill. Love the color. I wish Stampin Up had this color. The DP is from "Making Memories" and it's called Cheeky Abby Flower. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this DP. I love all the fun colors in it. The small Happy Birthday sentiment is from the set called "Warmest Regards." I tried punching it out with the word window punch as well as both oval punches, but all three were too small, so I had to make my own oval. I trimmed the sentiment to a small rectangle, and then rounded the corners with a corner rounder. I really really wish Stampin Up would make a larger "Word Window Punch" don't you? Scalloped scissors in a few places, and the ticket corner punch, a silver swirl clip, and a piece of ribbon complete this simple card. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Gosh Carol, these are beautiful cards!