Thursday, August 21, 2008

Kitchen Shower Set






Here are a few items I made for my neice Lauren for her wedding shower. I was the hostess for the shower so I got to make these fun invitations from Crafty Secrets Kitchen Classics set (borrowed from Jami... thanks!) and the gorgeous "Honey Pie" paper from Cosmo Cricket. The Cardstock is Saffron, Ruby Red, and Mellow Moss from Stampin Up, and the large oval punch, then trimmed with decorative scissors around the Ruby Red oval. I was going for a vintage kitchen look and this paper and this stamp set was just what I was looking for. The shower was decorated with all of my grandmothers old kitchen items (her old cookie jar, coffee grinder, and even all her old fashioned embroidered tea towels. The table is covered with my grandma's old tableclothes. I'm not sure if my 22 year old Neice "got it" or thought it was cool at all, but the rest of us "oldies but goodies" loved it! :)




And finally, here is the recipe tin I made for her. I sent each guest a blank recipe card with their invitation, and they brought them to the shower to put in the tin. This is the first recipe tin I've made and it was much fun!
The little chef guy is stamped with Crafty Secret's "Little Chef" and the paper is from DCWV retro pack, and then wrapped in twill which is stamped with the words "FAVORITE RECIPES" and covered with LOTS of mod podge!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome job you did on the shower invites, tablescape and recipe box. What an awesome idea! Your niece is blessed to have you in her life.