Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Wild Color Combo

I had this set "Fabulous Flowers" (SU!) out on my desk and had only been playing with the extra large bloom, so I wanted to challenge myself to do something with the smaller stamps in the set. Hanging on my bulletin board is an old post from Jenn Balcer about unique "bright" color combos, which is where I found this color combo: Groovy Guava, Blush Blossom, Pixie Pink, and Saffron. The base of the card is Blush Blossom, and the flowers are stamped on Vanilla cardstock. The sentiment "Thinking of You" is from the hostess set: "For A Friend." The scalloped piece across the middle is made with the Threading Water Stamp (Fiskars) in Blush. I think I should go back and add some sparkles to the centers of the flowers, and do something to the sentiment piece in the middle and maybe add some brads to the corners. Super Simple Card.
This next card is from the "Pun Fun" set. The kitty is colored with a "mustard" marker, and then matted onto mustard and chocolote chip cardstock. The patterned paper is from the DCWV Retro prints pack. Add some mustard ribbon, and the sentiment "Thank You" from Wonderful Words (SU!) across the bottom, and wa-la!
Well, Emily is back in school, and already has huge, heavy textbooks with homework I don't understand at all, and she's already been to the doctor for strep throat. Boy was she sick over the weekend! Antibiotics are amazing! Two days later, and she's a new person again. Next week is her audition for "Thoroughly Modern Millie" at Biola, so we need her healthy and whole! Looks like it's going to be another busy, busy year (with lots of me driving again, since she doesn't have her drivers license yet.) Phooey! Hope the beginning of the new school year has been great for you so far. Have a great week!

No comments: