Saturday, October 11, 2008

TECC37 Challenge Card

I couldn't wait to share this week's submission for Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge. I was leafing through one of the new scrapbook magazines this past week, and there was a section of a bunch of cute cards that had interesting "openings." I decided to give it a try with this week's sketch. You can see the original sketch at http://www.tayloredexpressions.blogspot.com/

My card has 2 circles on the bottom half, opening downwards, and the bird circle and twill ribbon circle open upward, with a piece of velcro holding the whole thing shut. Cardstock is Green Galore, Gable Green, and Regal Rose. Stamp set is Pun Fun and Itty Bitty Basics, and DP is Basic Gray and Making Memories. The "Celebrate" sentiment is from a $1.00 clear acrylic stamp from WalMart. The twill is all from Taylored Expressions. I love each one of those colors, and I was so happy when they all matched so well with that Basic Gray paper. The bird is outlined with the Stardust pen, and finally, there is some pink FUN FLOCK on the bird wings and tail, purchased from EclecticPaperie!

3 comments:

Taylor said...

So cute, Carol! I love your twill treatment! :)

Kathryn said...

Adorable card -- love the circle with all the ribbon -- so cute!!! :)

Ida said...

Very cute. The ribbon around the one circle was a very fun idea.