Friday, November 09, 2007

Blessings for a New Home

This is a special card for my former mother-in-law to send her blessings for her new home. She lost her hustband, my father in law and my kids' sweet "poppa" on Aug. 13, and in the midst of her grief and trying to cope with all the changes in her life, she had to sell their home and move to a smaller place. They were married for 48 years and she hardly ever left his side. She didn't work outside the home, and they were involved in their kids lives, traveled together extensively, sang in church choirs together, and opened their home to hundreds of guests in various capacities. Even though I'm divorced from her son, we still try to keep in touch and get together as often as possible for the sake of my 2 kids. It was a privilege to be in their home and help minister to her and the other family members right up until the end of Poppa's life, and even on the day he passed away, as well as the memorial service, where hundreds gathered to pay tribute and celebrate a man's faithful walk through life.
This card is made using the "Long Notes" from StampinUp! It's the first time I've used the package I bought a long time ago. The color is saffron, and it also uses Not Quite Navy, Blue Bayou, and Vanilla Paper. The inks are: Not Quite Navy, and Saffron. The stamp sets used are Neighborhood Jumbo Wheel (isn't it adorable? It's actually even LONGER than I used here. I cut one of the houses off.) and also "Fancy Flexible Phrases." Then I used a 1" and 1 1/4 " circle punch, Spanish Moss Grossgrain Ribbon, Aquapainter and markers for coloring the houses, the Double Line Stitch Plaid wheel on the base of the card, and a scrap of DP from Stampin Up! Thanks for letting me share a little bit of our family's story. If you think of it from time to time, please pray for my mother in law as she makes the huge life changing adjustment to starting life over at age 70 without her sweetheart. Thanks!

No comments: