Monday, November 26, 2007

Hi Again Crayon Resist

It's been a while since I've done a crayon resist card, but Jami did one a few weeks ago and reminded me to get my little piece of broken white crayon out that I have in my stamping stash!
It's so easy, but so fun. It doesn't show up very much on this card, but it's very subtle. This is the large flower from the set "Mixed Bouquet" stamped in black classic ink on glossy white paper, then highlighted with the white crayon. Then I used a sponge dauber to "paint" the flower with short round strokes of ink: Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue and Wild Wasabi. I was trying to follow last week's color combination challenge, but ended up adding the bashful blue to pull out some of the blue color from the DP. The ribbon isn't actually TIED, but it's looped around in and out of 2 holes and pulled until the ends are even. A fun alternative to tying a bow. The small saying at the bottom corner is from "Simply Said." Thanks for stopping by today.
I just got my Snowflake Serenade stamps from PaperTreyInk in the mail Saturday, so I'm excited to get some cards done to share with you in the next day or two. Thanks for stopping by!
HOW MANY OF YOU SAW A GREAT MOVIE OVER THE THANKSGIVING WEEKEND? We saw "Enchanted" with 10 Scheevel girl cousins, nieces, aunts, grandma, etc. What a fun day! Then after dinner we wanted "Hairspray" so it was a good movie day! What movies have you seen and tell me whether or not you liked them....

No comments: