Friday, November 02, 2007

Got to spend extra time stamping yesterday and today because I was at home recuperating from my extra long hours in preparation for our Fall Festival at Church. The festival was a huge success (1475 people and aboug 150 volunteers), but MAN was I exhausted. Yesterday, I slept in til about 11:30 a.m. and then just stayed home and did nothing! Today I was a little more energetic and actually ran one errand and finished about 5 Christmas Cards, and a Sympathy card for one of my very best friends who lost his dad on Wednesday.

The Noel card is a very simple layout, using my very favorite new Christmas image from Stampin Up, called "Big On Christmas" The colors used are Celery, Real Red, and Old Olive. The sparkle on the letters are done with an embossing pen and irridescent ice embossing powder. The ornament is colored with markers, and highlighted with a silver gel pen. The background is done with the giant wheel called "Christmas Chatter." The ornament is also popped up on a dimentional. It's a fun and easy card and easy to mass produce. :)


This next card was another very easy card to make, and was CASED from a card we did at Jami's house a few months ago at club night. My friend Mike lost his dad on Wednesday, and so I wanted to use Yellow Roses to commemorate our sweet friendship. We've been friends for a long time, and he is the person I always call to vent and is always my "date" when a "Broadway Musical" comes to town. The roses are done with Marigold Morning, Saffron, and Mustard Ink, and then covered with a piece of vellum to soften the look. The sentiment is done with Mellow Moss craft ink, and embossed with clear detail embossing powder.
Tomorrow I have a baby shower to attend for my neice who is finally having a GIRL after having 2 boys. My sister in law was in charge of buying the gift, and I got to make the card, so I'll share that tomorrow! Have a great weekend. Hope you get to do something fun or exciting!

No comments: